Monday, August 9, 2010

This is crazy

Well I came in to Maine Medical center on Monday August 2nd. I came in because I was extremely tired, my lung lung functions were down, the sores in my mouth were getting really bad and I just didn't feel good. Fast forward a week later, the sores are starting to go away, my lung functions are up 8%, I am not as tired and I am starting to feel a little better. Now that I am eating solid foods I am noticing that food feels like it is getting stuck in my throat. So they want me to do a barium swallow test. Maybe that is one of the reason my lung function is down. Who knows.

I am hoping to be released tomorrow so I can go to my clinic appointment on Wednesday. I have been on IV antibiotics. I think they helped a little. I am sure they will send me home on them for another week. I am hoping to get over all of this soon so I can get back to living life again.

My friend Beth, is having a tough time. She got her transplant almost 2 weeks ago and she had to go back to ICU because of some chyle fluid around her lung. I guess it was from a tear in on of her lymph node that runs along her abdomen. They were suppose to do surgery on Sunday to fix everything. I hope it went well so she can start healing. Please send thought and prayers her way.

"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."- the movie Forrest Gump

1 comment:

Teeda said...

Dear Steph,
This is Beth's sister. I just happened to read your blog. I was wondering if you are currently on any anti-diarrhea medicine. Some months after my transplant when I was on a lot of Meropenem I had diarrhea so bad and was taking a lot of Imodium. It slowed down my manometry to the point where I could hardly swallow water. It started slow and then went to me being unable to eat a sausage biscuit, to not being able to swallow at all. We had never considered that side effect of Imodium, but it will slow down the whole system from your mouth down. Just an idea.