Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday update

Well, this week was an interesting one. It started out with an itchy ear, a dry cough and GI issues. On Wednesday, I went to my transplant clinic. My lung functions were the highest yet and my x-ray looked good so they were not too concerned with the cough. What they were concerned with was my blood. My potassium levels were high, my white blood cells are very low and my blood sugars have been out of control. Plus they are concerned with the GI issues. So I had to go get an EKG to make sure the potassium was not harming my heart and then had to repeat the potassium blood test which came back in the normal range. Because it came back normal they did not make me take the treatment for it. For my blood sugars they added some long acting insulin twice a day. As for my GI issues, I got to do 3 lovely stool samples and a stomach x-ray. I don't know why I am not glowing from all the x-rays. Good news, no CMV, C. Diff. or bowel obstruction. Even better news my GI issues have seemed to gotten better. I am afraid to even to write that and jinx myself.

After my long appointment in Boston, my sister, Tonya, her 2 boys, Martin and Chase and I all went on the duck tour of Boston. All the years that I have been going to Boston, I had never done a tour. So Tonya and I thought the boys would really like it. I think they did until both boys peed their pants. Note to self, don't take a 3 and 4 1/2 year old on a vehicle for 1 1/2 hours with no bathroom. The best part is Chase, the 3 year old was sleeping on Tonya when he peed so she got soaked with pee. Martin was about 1 minute from getting off the duck tour when her peed. I felt so bad for him because he had held it for like an hour of the tour. After the tour we had to walk through the Copley Mall to get to the car to get a change of clothes. Poor little Chase cried for his daddy the entire way through the mall and I was the one holding his hand. I felt like someone was going to stop me to see if he really belonged with me.

So I still have the cough but now it is assisted with a sore throat. I just walked for 40 minutes and feel better. I have a high school graduation to attend tonight. Last year, when I went I had oxygen in tow. Wow, how things can change in a year.

1 comment:

Denise Fahr said...

Hope your stomach bug is on its way out! Jim is having some major stomach issues. Doctor says it's common. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Take care!