Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Beginnings

It has been almost two months since my transplant. It is time to start over again. I will be returning back to work on May 17th. Even though I will be working from home, it is still a step in the right direction. I also have started the paperwork for my Non-profit. My deadline to get my business plan done is May 24th. Let's see how I do.

I have been pretty committed to walking everyday. The only days I don't are the days that I have out of town doctor's appointments or go shopping. I haven't been able to start jogging yet because of the sternum. My new goal to start a run/walk program is June 3rd. Hopefully, I will be healed enough to start then. Since I am currently walking every day I am hoping the transition to jogging will be smooth.

Ten months ago, I never thought I would be walking 2-3 miles every day without getting out of breath. I feel so blessed and think of my donor every day as I do the things that I haven't done in years. God bless the donor family for following though with my donors wishes.

4 comments:

BreathinSteven said...

You totally ROCK, Steph!!! Isn't it exciting to be able to strut along for a few miles as if it were nothing??? Particularly, remembering how difficult it would have been just a few months ago?!?!

And beyond the ability to do things -- the TIME we are given along with this gift... We used to take hours to do our CPT, hours to do our inhaled meds or I.V.s daily, hours focusing on eating or exercising to stay in shape for our eventual surgery -- my daily personal medical maintenance was probably 14 hours a day or more...

Besides giving us life and the ability to do things without becoming exhausted, our donors also gave us all of that time...

I'm proud of you... Enjoy the gift your donor and donor family gave you...

Love, Steve

Jess said...

What a gift, I am so happy for you and all of your accomplishments :)

Katey said...

I'm glad you are doing so well...and so proud that you are keeping up with the exercising. It's so important, and sometimes not everyone realizes it and unfortunately, lets it slide.

I'm so excited for your non-profit thing!! Keep us updated on how that is coming along. Keep enjoying life...your new life!!

Jess said...

:) It's great to be able to just walk!!