Thursday, July 24, 2008

Say What?

At my last doctors appointment, I figured we would just talk about how the IVs were going and then set a date to have my PICC pulled. Well, that is not how the appointment went.

Long story short my Doctor is referring me to be evaluated for a lung transplant. I knew this was coming but I thought 6 months to a year down the road. Nope! Now! My Doctor is just waiting for me to tell him what center I want to go to.

After a lot of thought, I think I will go to Brigham and Woman's in Boston. It is close and they have a lot of experience with CF lung transplants. Now, I just need to call my Doctor so he knows where to send the letter.

I guess I better get fundraising! Even though I have insurance there is still a lot of additional expenses that I will be encountering. I have no idea how much I should even shoot to raise. I guess there is no harm at raising too much money because any I don't use I will donate to either the make a wish foundation or the cystic fibrosis foundation or another worthy cause.

No comments: