Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Weekly update

Not too much going on here. I just finished my monthly maintenance antibiotic. So as of now, I am antibiotic free accept for the azithromycin that I take 3 times a week. I am starting to get the low grade fevers in the morning and I have a flutter in my left lung that is making me cough. I am giving myself until Tuesday to make a decision about IVs. I go to see my CF doc that day.

This weekend I am suppose to go to the Patriots game with some friends. Unfortunately, they are calling for rain. They are reporting a 30% chance of rain and say "few showers". Do I want to risk sitting in the rain for 4 hours and get soaked? But then I think, this is probably a once in a life time opportunity for me. I really want to go. What do you think?

Tomorrow, I go to a recognition lunch at the College. I have worked there for 10 years. Since I work from home 98% of the time, I am excited to see all my co-workers. I am a little gun shy about going to campus with all the Flues going around but I will just use a lot of purel, keep a mask with me, and keep a 3 foot rule with anyone that is not feeling well. Good news is I already got my flu shot. I just need the H1N1 shot. Hopefully that will be available soon.

Saturday, I plan to go to dinner with my friends Andrea and Shawn. Sunday, I am hoping to go to the game. I think it is worth the risk. What's 30%? I will wear rain gear and bring a change of clothes for the ride home. It is suppose to be warm so at least I don't need to worry about the temperature.

Well, I better get back to work.

1 comment:

Diana said...

GO to that game! Quality of life right? Keep warm and dry as possible! If rain gets too bad go sit in car until it passes but try to go! It will be worth it. It may turn out to be a wonderful day! Love you!