Thursday, October 8, 2009

CF Appointment

Well, I had my CF appointment on Tuesday. Everything is stable. Lung functions are just about the same as last week and 2 months ago. My weight is great for me. I have been bouncing around 112-115 pound for the past 3-4 months. I think the extra weight has helped me stay healthy. I have been pretty active lately and not getting worn out. It is a very nice feeling. I think I have found a balance of what I can do and when. I think I am just about ready to get my butt on the treadmill. I know I keep saying that. My husband has been working on our basement so I am just now able to get to the treadmill.

I had an awesome time at the patriots game. We had prime parking because of my handicap parking pass. I could have thrown a rock and hit the stadium. We tailgated while listening to a live band. My brother in-law came over to our spot and couldn't believe it. He goes to every game. I told him it was the "Stephanie Special". Of course, our company was great. We always have a great time when we hang out with Bill and Kasey. I am so glad they invited us to join them.


Saturday night, we went to dinner with Andrea and Shawn. We went to the Texas Roadhouse. I was not expecting much in the terms of food but I was pleasantly surprised. I will go back just for ribs and margaritas. This from the girl that hardly drinks. It was great to spend sometime with Andrea and Shawn. My husband is a great entertainer and made us laugh all the way through dinner.

It felt so great to go do things that healthy people do and the best part...I didn't get sick!!!!!

I have been enjoying this fall weather. My niece, Kassie, is playing soccer and I love getting out and going to her games. I am so proud of the job she is doing for her first year of playing. She is willing to play any position...even goalie. She has a great team attitude. I love to see this. She has a game on Saturday so I plan to go watch her. It is great that all the game are within a 10 minute drive from my house so it is really easy for me to go. I love having my nieces so close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,

My name is tara and I read your question to Ronnie on his blog about having a transplant for cf. And then I read on your blog that you are listed. I am almost 18 years post double lung transplant for cf. I got my new lungs when I was 11 years old and am now 29. I am doing GREAT! If you ever have any questions let me know.

Tara :-)
tarahaddix@yahoo.com
(you can look me up on facebook and myspace if you would like)