Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Irish Luk

I don't know who doesn't know yet but on St. Patty's day I got the call for lungs. It all happened so fast. I didn't know until 8:00pm that it was a go. It was just like an episode of ER. The lungs had arrived and off I went to the operating room. The next thing I know, it is 2pm on Saturday March 20th and I am waking up with tubes and a new clam shaped scare.

One week later, I am sitting in my room waiting for my daily healing routine to begin. I have progressed nicely but cannot wait for the chest tubes to be taken out. They are painful and uncomfortable but I know the doctors will take them out when the time is right. Well, I am getting tired of focusing on the computer and will write more later.

6 comments:

Amy said...

so amazing you got the call! So excited for you and can't wait to read all about your new adventures with these lungs!!!!!!!

BreathinSteven said...

Holy Moly Steph!!!

I'm so happy for you!!! And I'm so proud of you for getting through all of this!!! You're at the start of an amazing journey...

There are going to be bumps in the road -- there are going to be moments of incredible joy, and moments where you're a little scared... (OK, sometimes a lot scared...) But you've completed the biggest and most important task -- you've survived the wait and you received your gift...

I hope your journey is as amazing as mine has been... I can't wait to hear where your adventurs lead...

Love, Steve

bankrgrl said...

Looks like the luck of the Irish was with you last week.

Go maire tu! (Congratulations!!!)

It is amazing that you are up a week later and posting on your blog. Like Amy, I can't wait to read all about your new lungs and your new life.

Jess said...

So I've been exited to read baout how you're doing! I'm currently waiting to see if these lungs they called me for are a go! Hope you have an easy recovery!

James Fahr said...

Oh My!....Congrats, and let the healing begin!

So glad you got lungs! I can't wait to follow your progress.

We have had so many dry runs lately in our little comunity...Piper over the weekend, Jerry on monday, me yesterday...

Now Hopefully Jess is getting her's today!

Jim
http://fahrjr.blogspot.com/

Heidi Karn Barker said...

Woohoo! Yes, the chest tubes are VERY annoying and the difference once they're taken out will be amazing. Even trying to figure out the right dosage of anti-rejection meds is a pain, but worth every second. Be patient while your body heals - you'll be running around soon enough!