Sunday, December 27, 2009

transplant journey

So today, I logged on to Facebook to see that Piper, one of my online CF friends got a call for lungs but it was just a dry run (as we CFers call it). Piper and I have been going through this journey at the same time. We have been at the same place with our CF for a year or so. Constant flare ups and nothing seems to help us get better. Reading about her call, made my journey towards a transplant so much more real tonight. We are going to different centers but got listed about the same time. We seem to always be sick together and on IVs at the same time.

One of the thing that has become very clear to me this holiday season is I am ready for my call. I am tired of not living. I feel like the past 2 years, I have just been being. I am tired of having to rest after a shower so I can continue getting dressed and then resting so I can brush my hair and then resting so I can blow dry my hair and I can go on and on. If you asked me 6 months ago, I would truthfully tell you that I was not ready for the call. Now, I can honestly say I can't wait for the call.

I am trying to continue to live my life as normal as I can but it is difficult at times. I have to brag for a minute because today I sang "We are the Champions" on wii rock band with my nephews. I even stretched out a few of the notes. When it was over, I was physically tired. This coming from someone that loves to sing even if I don't always sing in tune. I put the microphone down and coughed my lungs out. Even though it wore me out, singing on the wii made me feel normal for just a few minutes of my day.

4 comments:

Piper said...

Wow, that is such a HUGE realization that you're ready for the call! I will pray that you get it soon. Maybe since you and I are always doing these sorts of things together we can recover together as well!

Love the rock band image, btw. I have a list of things I want to do post-tx with my new lungs, and singing solo karaoke in public is one of them. I've done in with a group, but I think a solo performance belting out all the notes with plenty of breath is in order, don't you? Maybe a ballad with lots of long, stretched out notes! Who cares if I'm on tune?!

Unknown said...

I'm always praying for both of you cysters and I hope the call comes soon :)

Ronnie

Katey said...

Praying for you two. I think it is good that you now realize you are ready for the call. The same realization happened to me. I was tired of not living and being a prisoner to my room, and not having enough energy to brush my hair. Your call will come soon...i know it. Hang in there!

Jess said...

I'm ready too, let's get this over with and start recovering!!