Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Weekly update

I am so glad that today is my last day of work this week. Then I work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and then I am of until after the New Year. Yeah! I need a little down time if that is what you want to call it. I have 3 more Christmas gatherings, my birthday and New years eve within that time.

Last Saturday, Brian and I had my Mom, Dad, Tonya(sister) , Geoff(BIL), Trey(nephew), Chase(nephew), Melissa(sister), Dan(sister's boyfriend), Kassie(niece) and Rheana(niece) all over for a Christmas celebration. I think it was a great time. We filled our bellies, opened gifts, drank a little holiday spirits and enjoyed each others company. I was successful at the beef roast with wild mushroom sauce. The appetizers and deserts were awesome. At the beginning of the day, I was in a bad mood but I think I was just feeling overwhelmed. Once I got the roast cooked, my mood because festive. My family all knows that entertaining can be difficult for me so they all pitched in and did a great job to make the event a success. Oh yeah, I got the earrings that I picked out the week before from Lia Sophia and I had to put them right on. They are very lovely.

Sunday, Brian's Mom and Dad came over for a visit. It was nice and relaxing. We ordered pizza so I didn't have to cook or clean up.

Today, I am working and watching Kassie and Rheana. I can hear them in the other room right now bossing my dogs around. Tomorrow, I need to finish up my Christmas shopping. I have 4 people left to buy for. Yuck.

Christmas day, Brian and I plan to spend the day together. This weekend (weather permitting) we have to travel to 2 different family gatherings.

So far, my health has kept up with the season. Two more weekends to see if it will prevail. Of course, I get tired easy but no new flare ups so far.

Well, that is it around here. In case I get too busy to blog, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Facebook readers: This note is from my blog http://cfsteph.blogspot.com/.

No comments: