Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boston tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first clinic appointment. They will be checking my anti-rejection medication levels in my blood and taking a chest x-ray to see how the lungs are looking. They will make any adjustment in medications based on how everything looks. Currently, I am on 17 medications. The nice part is they are all pill form so it is quick and easy.

One of the biggest pieces of my recovery is exercise. I did 1.8 miles on the treadmill today. Every day it gets easier and I feel stronger. My oxygen is staying in the high 90% and I don't even get out of breath.

I still have staples and three drain tubes in my chest. I will be happy to have those gone. Then I will know exactly what it feels like to take a deep breath. Every day, I am discovering things that I can do know that I couldn't do before. Simple things like holding my breath. I lay in bed at night holding my breath because I can.

Well, that is about all that is going on with me and my new lungs. I am so happy to be home.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I didn't realize hospitals would send ppl home with tubes still! I'm sure you've got it though! Good luck at your appt

Amy said...

amazing! it makes me so happy to read how well you are doing!!! :)