Friday, April 2, 2010

I am sorry

I realized I haven't been great keeping my blog updated. I have way too many documentaries going. If anyone is ever curious about my status, I update my Caring Bridge page daily. Here is the link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stephaniebriggs.

I am home and loving it. I am getting use to my new routine. I love the fact that I get to exercise everyday. Today, I did 1 1/2 miles on the treadmill and the another 1/2 or so outside.

My transplant team seems to be keepoing on top of my health abd staying in touch with me. They checked my anti rejection levels today and the numbers were a little low so they tweaked the dose. This is very common so you will read me posting about medicine changes a lot.

Tonight my thoughts and prayers are with Piper. She got another call for lungs and is at the hospital right now. Currently she is scheduled to go in to surgery later on tonight. I don't think
I will be able to sleep tonight until I know if it is a go. I know she is strong and is going to come out the end of surgery with positive results. Piper's and mine experience with CF is very much a like. We both got the chronic infections which really started to diminish our quality of life. We were both on IV antibiotics more than we were off. It was so weird how similar our CF was. I really hope that tonight is the night and she will be breathing deeply soon.

3 comments:

Katey said...

Glad you are home and enjoying your routine...especially the exercising! That is so important post-transplant. And yes, you will find that your anti-rejection doses get tweeked a good bit that first year...so be prepared!

Piper's most recent post said it was a go...or 99%...so really praying this is the time for new lungs!

Praying for you as you continue to recover!

Kim said...

Thinking of you Steph!! <3 Kim

Amy said...

so glad you are having an amazing recovery! You look awesome in your FB pictures!!!