Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pray for Lungs

I have a group of CF friends that are all waiting for the call for new lungs. One of them got a call this afternoon. She is at Duke and is in surgery as I type. I am so happy for her. She is about to receive an amazing gift exactly one month from me getting mine.

My thoughts go out to Piper, Beth, James, Ashley and Justine. They are all struggling to breathe with their damaged CF lungs and are all active on the lung transplant list. I say a prayer every night that their call comes and they receive the wonderful gift of new lungs. I keep repeating that this is so much better than I ever could have imagined and I am still healing and I can't wait for them to experience this.

I hope Jess is just the continuation of us getting our lungs. I can't wait until we are all chatting and blogging about what amazing things we are all doing with out fantastic new lungs! I am rooting for all of you!

No comments: