Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Clinic Appointment


Today is one week since I was released from the hospital. I celebrated the day by going back to Brigham & Women's Hospital for my first post transplant clinic. Though the day was long, it delivered nothing but good news so far.

It started out with blood work at 9am. Then off to get a chest x-ray. After the x-ray, I went to clinic. They took my vitals and the I did my first spirometry test post transplant.

Here are the results:
FEV1 2.28L 75%
FCV 2.68L 76%
FEV1/FVC 85 99%
FEF25-75 2.53L 71%

This might not mean any thing to you but my FEV1 pre-transplant was 1.11L or 37%. I got tears in my eyes when I saw these numbers. I haven't had numbers this good since I was in my early twenties. The best news is this is just the beginning. My numbers should actually peak at six month post transplant.

Dr. Divo came in to see how I was and could not believed how well I looked. He and Dr. Camp decided it was okay to pull 2 of the 3 drain tubes. The last one should come out next week. My staples should come out next week too. They also said my x-ray looked excellent.

We will be doing my 1 month bronchoscopy in 2 weeks.

Right now I am just waiting to see how my blood work came out. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow then everything looks good.

I am taking today of from the treadmill. I am tried from the travel and all the running around the hospital. My goal for tomorrow is 2 miles in row. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

OceanDesert said...

That's so great, Steph!

It's so interesting how different hospitals do things differently.. I didn't have any stitches to remove and left the hospital with no chest tubes..

SOOO happy for you!!!

Sara