Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thankful #1

I am going to follow the trend of the month and try to post everyday until Thanksgiving. My daily post will contain one thing that I am thankful for. These are not going to be in any order, so don't get your panties in a twist if you are not first.

Today, I am thankful for my home health nurse, Ann. She is so dedicated to her profession. She truly care about each and everyone of her patients. She often goes above and beyond her job description. She comes in my house every day with a smile on her face. She patiently sits and waits for me while I finish up whatever I am doing. She will check and make sure my dogs have food and water. She spends a few minutes every day giving each one of my dogs attention, which they absolutely love. Last winter, I have to leave for an appointment. She would not let me clean my car off. She went and removed all the snow off my car. She also won't let me get away with anything, health wise that is. If I have been really sluggish or running fevers on consecutive days, she puts a call into my CF nurse as soon as she gets to her car. She tells me all the time, I am not allowed to get sick on her watch. She comes everyday and pounds on my chest for an hour. She never complains that this is not part of her job. Trust me other home health nurses have. She pounds away for an hour while entertaining me with stories. So for these and many other reasons, today I am thankful for Ann!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I am thankful you have her too!!!! Go Ann...Thanks for taking such great care of my Stephanie!