Lots have happened since the last time I blogged.
- Brian and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. We went out for a nice dinner together. He bought me a dozen of red roses which are my favorite and was also the flower of our wedding. It was a great day.
- I started running unusually high fevers like 103.2 high. The fevers continued for days so I called the Doctor. With the help of my port, I started home IVs the same day. My home health nurse came and accessed my port at 2:00pm and my home medical company had my IV meds here by 5:00pm. Got to love home health care!
- When ever I go on IVs they run a bunch of blood test to see what is going on. Of course my white blood count and inflammation proteins were high. That is no surprise. My hemoglobin level were low. Levels should be over 12 and mine were 7.7. So more blood work ordered to check my iron. Iron levels should be 65-125 and mine....12! Not good. So I am on iron supplements 3 times a day to try to bring up my levels. If that doesn't work, I'll need to get some IV iron. I have not heard good things about that so trying my best to be good about taking my iron pills and eating high iron foods.
- Monday, after a week of IVs and bactrum, I started running a fever again. This time 101.7. I was threatened to be hospitalized but said give me a day to see if it goes away. It did! 5 days no fever.
- I have had horrible headaches for the past 2 weeks. A lot of things could be contributing to theses: IVs, low, iron, dehydration, low blood pressure, stress from coughing. Take your pick.
- Today, I am missing a bridal shower. I really wanted to go! Unfortunately, my health did not agree. I just can't physically drive for 4 hours. I am very weak. I am sure my iron levels are not helping the cause. Plus, I need my nursing visit which couldn't be scheduled around the shower.
- I got a call at 8:00am this morning from my sister to tell me that my Nana had a heart attack last night and is in ICU. What great news to wake up to. Of course, she is also 2 hours away from me. I am hoping they move her to CMMC, which is only an hour away from me so I could go see her. She is not coherent. She didn't even know who her daughter was. I want to call her but I don't know if I could handle it if she didn't know who I was.
- I am scheduled to get my H1N1 vaccine on Tuesday. I haven't been able to have it because of my fevers and IVs. My home health nurse has been saving it for me. She is great. She also saved a regular flu shot for my husband. The best piece is she comes right to my house to give them to us and no waiting in line!
- A CF friend that I met online several years ago passed this week. This hit me hard. She was just starting to be evaluated for a transplant. She went down hill to fast and passed. It is scary how fast CF can take a life.
I guess I didn't realize how much I had on my mind. No wonder I have had headaches. My IVs are scheduled to end on Monday. So this weekend, my plan is to take it easy so my body can rest and catch up. Please keep my Nana in your thought and prayers.