Friday, November 13, 2009

Thankful #4

After reading http://runsickboyrun.blogspot.com today, it was easy to write about what I am Thankful for today. I am thankful for Mr. Brian E. Briggs AKA my husband. We recently celebrated out 10th wedding anniversary but from our first official date, I knew we where meant to be together.

We have been through so many things together and we never lost faith in our love. Anyone that is married or has been married knows it is not always a walk in the park. No matter what we have faced we have tackled it together. My favorite thing to hear is "Brian loves you so much." He wears his love for me on his sleeve which can make him very vulnerable at times. I wish I showed the rest of the world how much I love him as easy as he shows his love for me.

I remember clearly the first conversation we had about my cystic fibrosis. I brought up that I had CF and his replied "That doesn't change the way I feel about you. I like you for you." He was the first boyfriend that didn't run away. Five years later, we where happily married.

2 comments:

BreathinSteven said...

That's absolutely beautiful, Steph... I hope you're with Brian E Briggs for a long, long time... He sounds like an amazing person -- you do too...

I crashed and burned with my CF about 9 years into our marriage -- my princess has seen me through thick and thin, and it's been an amazing journey. I remember when we started dating and talked about CF -- I told her the likelihood I'd live another 10 years was so very slim... I never imagined we would be celebrating our 20th anniversary, like we did last March... I never imagined we'd be together 23 years... I was given another 10 years by a beautiful girl from Iowa who I think about every day -- and maybe, if I'm lucky, she'll give me 10 more as well...

I hope your journey is even more amazing than mine, if that's possible... I hope that, 10 years from now, with your new lungs, you'll be repeating this little "things I'm thankful for" series telling us, again, how thankful you are for Brian. And I hope I'll be responding again...

Love, Steve

Piper said...

Aren't the wonderful people who love us cystics just amazing?

You guys make such a great looking couple! Congrats on 10 years and here's to 10 more!

Piper